Sandwell Academy employs a full time Director of Careers and Industry Links, Miss Sandra Caddick. She is supported by Mrs Michelle Smith, Independent Employment and Training Consultant, and a team of part time Industrial Consultants. These consultants are Mr Malcolm Scotto, Mrs Tracy Bosi and Mrs Kalbinder Lally, who are former members of business and industry. Their aim is to enhance career preparation and organise work placement programmes for students.
Student Entitlements to Careers Education are set out in a newly updated Careers Policy (copies available in the Careers Department). There is a planned programme of Careers Education providing opportunities to develop and apply the knowledge, understanding and skills necessary to make realistic career decisions.
Each student is entitled to:
- Individual guidance from the Director of Careers, Industrial Consultants and Independent Employment and Training Consultant.
- A `drop-in' Careers Resource Centre with comprehensive and up-to-date information on opportunities in Education, Training and Employment.
- Access to computer programmes:
E-clips and Higher Ideas are careers databases of occupational information and provide job and career ideas for career exploration.
Fast Tomato which is Interactive Careers Guidance and Education for teenagers.
- Access to UCAS (information on universities in the UK).
- A Careers Education Programme built into the Academy Curriculum.
- A Work Placement